And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain. (Isa 4:6)

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Speedy Momzales

I am a speedy person, In fact I have 2 speeds, really fast and really slow or stopped. Though not sure my brain ever stops. Perhaps it is just a mom thing, however it does cause stress.
 If I need to go to the store to pick up a few items, I rush around, yet I have no deadline. This is an issue for someone whose body does not always cooperate and wants to just relax. Lately I keep catching myself doing everything fast, little chores, simple things, but fast, constant multi-tasking. I can not do 1 thing at a time. No way can I ever have one tab on the computer open. I am constantly causing this old dinosaur to freeze up cuz I do too many things at once. If I am on the phone, I am cleaning. I know that this is detrimental to my body, and peace. It is also hard on my son who has 2 speeds as well, slow and slower. He is a very mellow guy. I so want to get to Cali to visit my princess and meet her Bo before he is deployed. So I am running around being speedy momzales again. But I must stop and take a deep breath. I came in from packing, and doing last minute things in the RV to have a spot of tea. I opted for Yogi Relaxed Mind herbal tea. A very sagey tea that my mommie gave me because she said it taste like drinking a tree. It is very good, and I thoroughly enjoy drinking trees...? lol. I realized when I came in the house that, we have been here 7 months, not 7 months in the RV but 7 months in the house for the most part, getting the RV ready. So this truly is another big move. Once we get everything in the RV and take off it will no longer be a big move, but this time around I need to remember...as Mr. turtle always knows, slow and steady wins the race. I have to remind myself to relax and focus on what Hashem wants done, while caring for our bodies. If we don't get to Cali when we want, we get there when Hashem wants. He can not expect more than my physical body can handle. Part of the beauty of living in the RV will be the slow pace of peace, the ability to take whatever time we need, stop when we need, rest or move on. The time to focus on Hashem, His will, His Word, His creation. An interesting scripture I came across:


Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.(Ecc 7:8)


I believe sometimes this multi-tasking and constant doing is based on impatience. I have had to be patient for so many things in my life, patient for healing (Baruch Hashem), patient for things to manifest, relationships to work out, my children to birth, yet perhaps I have not truly learned to apply this patience in  my day to day life. Yes slothfulness is a sin, yes working hard is important, yet balance is needed and sometimes I lose focus of that. Can this speedy momzales impatience be related to a proud spirit? I can do it all, I can get it done, I am faster than ...., more efficient than ...my need to be perfect. Yes I am conscientious and this is good, but tempered with patience, humility, will bring shalom and health instead of stress. So I am turning over a new leaf of slow and steady wins the race, in repentance I press on in this race  .... 
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Yeshua the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
(Heb 12:1-2) 

 

שלום ואהבה ישוע
Peace, Love, and Yeshua
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.(Ecc 12:13-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment